From michael herndon <mhern...@michaelherndon.com>
Subject unit testing
Date Sun, 13 Jul 2014 23:11:16 GMT
After doing some research, it looks like xunit now works on mono and
possibly will receive some love for MonoDevelop this summer.
http://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/17864/how-i-can-run-xunit-tests-from-xamarin-studio

Its also available on the k runtime which is spread over two github projects
https://github.com/aspnet/Testing
https://github.com/aspnet/xunit

It will most likely have to have full mono support in the future since the
k / cloud runtime for .NET will work have collaborative effort from MS and
Xamarin to have it working on Mono.

Not being able to use it on mono was the previous blocking issue, which
seems no longer be the case.

The internals of xunit are even more removed from junit, but it might be
possible to get by without porting the random stuff by making the switch,
bypassing the need to dig into the dig into the internals of the testing
framework.

If anyone wants to hold a vote on making the switch, go for it.

-M

I've recently joined a startup, so my time is going to be limited for a
while.