From Russell Trupiano <t-rus...@microsoft.com>
Subject Re: Lucene Porting Tool
Date Thu, 15 May 2014 18:02:11 GMT
I’m having quite a hard time getting Sharpen installed. What version of Eclipse are you using?
What about the Java JDK? I’m running Windows 8.1, JDK 1.8.0_05, and Eclipse 3.7.1

How closely did you follow the procedure on the site you provided? I have tried that method
as well as the instructions on XobotOS’s Github README, and a tutorial found at http://pauldb.tumblr.com/post/14916717048/a-guide-to-sharpen-a-great-tool-for-converting-java
as well as 2 different versions of Eclipse. The most common error I encounter seems to be
the running of the build ANT script which crashes due to an <exec> failure in the definition
of the sharpen macro. Upon viewing the crash log file The line “java.lang.RuntimeException:
Application "sharpen.core.application" could not be found in the registry" seems to be what
is causing the problem.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated
---
Russell Trupiano
Services PAD-DEV Intern 2014
University of Michigan - Ann Arbor Class of 2015

From: Kumar Krishnamoorthy<mailto:rkrishnamoorthy@seamlesscms.com>
Sent: ‎Tuesday‎, ‎May‎ ‎13‎, ‎2014 ‎5‎:‎37‎ ‎PM
To: dev@lucenenet.apache.org<mailto:dev@lucenenet.apache.org>

I am new to the community as well and just did my first contribution last month.
We use Sharpen eclipse plugin for porting the java to c#.

There is not much documentation for it. Even if there is any I am guess it's all scattered.

I took the code from here
https://github.com/xamarin/XobotOS/tree/master/sharpen/sharpen.core

and used some help from this link
http://community.versant.com/Documentation/Reference/db4o-7.12/java/reference/html/reference/sharpen.html

If you still run into trouble try google or us again.

Kumar Krishnamoorthy
Developer
Seamless | Leaders in Government WCM
Follow us on Twitter: @seamlesscms