From michael herndon <mhern...@michaelherndon.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Removing strong naming from all future versions
Date Thu, 01 May 2014 17:46:43 GMT
Its probably worth reiterating that with this vote:

Signed binaries are NOT going away.

  - They are just reverting back to the previous manual download
distribution method.
  - Nothing prevents a developer from creating their own nuget feed with
the signed binaries using something like nuget.server or myget.org.

On a side note, statements like, "Michael and Simon's votes are still
absent but that won't matter anyway.", should be avoided in the future.

The above statement could be misconstrued as:

a) Voting doesn't matter and thus a person's opinion or voice doesn't
matter. Part of purpose of voting is to elicit feedback and
build consensus with the community because the community matters. The other
purpose is conflict resolution.

b) That the named parties are the only missing committer votes. There are
other members not listed that have not voted.

b) That people are being singled out. Calling out people rather than just
focusing on the issue is bad form. It can make things seem personal or
meant for public shaming even when the intent was anything but that.

c) Majority rules applies to this vote when it does not.  A single binding
negative one vote effectively vetoes a code modification vote / proposal
like this one.  https://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html

-M

On Thu, May 1, 2014 at 8:57 AM, Simon Svensson <sisve@devhost.se> wrote:

> +1
>
> (I'll admit that I had no idea that I had any voting power...)
>

> On 01/05/14 14:33, Itamar Syn-Hershko wrote:
>
>> Ok so we have 4 binding votes in favor to this move (counting Paul as well
>> because of his recent contributions), 1 non-binding in favor, and 2
>> non-binding against it.
>>
>> Michael and Simon's votes are still absent but that won't matter anyway.
>>
>> I haven't announced a deadline initially so I'll be setting one now. Vote
>> terminates May 2nd 2PM GMT, just a bit over 24h from now.
>>
>> We will then move to making the mentioned changes.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Itamar Syn-Hershko
>> http://code972.com | @synhershko <https://twitter.com/synhershko>
>> Freelance Developer & Consultant
>> Author of RavenDB in Action <http://manning.com/synhershko/>
>>

>> On Thu, May 1, 2014 at 1:39 AM, Nicholas Paldino <
>> casperOne@caspershouse.com
>>
>>> wrote:
>>> +1

will not be