From Simon Svensson <si...@devhost.se>
Subject Re: Porting questions
Date Thu, 01 May 2014 13:17:37 GMT
Outline!

Regarding the extension methods mentioned at the end, I'm talking about
introducing such a class/helper into the core Lucene.Net assembly for
use of non-test assemblies. Those I've found so far
(JavaCompatilibity/*.cs in Lucene.Test.Framework) are for tests only.
Your mails from April 20th indicate that the purpose of such helper
methods are for quick porting of tests only.

One example would be the java substring function. I've been bitten
several times (and never seem to learn) that the parameters are
different between java and .net.

         [Obsolete("Call String.Substring instead. Note that Java uses
start+end while .NET uses start+length")]
         public static String substring(this String value, Int32 start,
Int32 end) {
             return value.Substring(start, end - start + 1);
         }

On another line of thought, are there any code formatting rules or
plugins that helps? I believe Resharper/StyleCop supports storing code
formatting settings in a file that can be commited so we're producing
similar looking code. Or should we start a religious war about curly
braces and whitespaces? ;)

// Simon