From michael herndon <mhern...@michaelherndon.com>
Subject Re: updating content.
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2014 04:52:47 GMT
Rob,

The initial message does include all communication channels to be updated.
 Its not one or the other.

"I suggest we update the main website, twitter feed, and wiki to reflect
that we are working on porting Lucene 4x in hopes to generate interest and
contributions."

The issues with the CMS:
* it uses yet another {{ template }} language to make site wide template
changes.
* haven't found instructions on how to run it the CMS locally to run the
site and preview the changes with the styles and template. Thus the
workflow is a bit cumbersome.
* it can be broken if there is too much content is published, which was
found out the hard way once before.

Also there is an intrinsic pressure of getting things perfect for the main
site which may prevent things from ever being published.

The wiki is good place to start collaboratively putting up notes,
organizing content, and refining them without the pressure of being
perfect.  Then content can be moved to more permanent places as needed.

-M