From Paul Irwin <pir...@feature23.com>
Subject Re: Lucene.net 4?
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2014 15:37:58 GMT
I like that thinking for unit tests. I wrote a quick Java to C# converter
since Sharpen wasn't maintained that adds 1.7 support. It uses Roslyn for
the C# generation. I used this for some of my later porting work. It's far
from perfect, but handles most of the Java syntax correctly. It warns you
if it encounters an unsigned right-shift or
break-to-label/continue-to-label.

Repo: https://github.com/paulirwin/JavaToCSharp

Maybe that will help?

On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 10:23 AM, Itamar Syn-Hershko <itamar@code972.com>wrote:

> +1
>
> What I'll be interested in having is a unit-testing framework for
> Lucene.NET where Java test classes can be mostly copy-pasted and just run.
> That'd probably involve many extension method and a smart base class that
> will map Java syntax stuff like Array.copy or asserts into their C#
> equivalents.
>
> While it makes sense to have the core comply with .NET standards, I see no
> point in duplicating the effort for testing.
>
> I was thinking of doing that myself but haven't got around to doing it yet.
> Will be happy to help tho.
>
> --
>
> Itamar Syn-Hershko
> Freelance Developer & Consultant
>

> On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 3:13 PM, michael herndon <
> mherndon@michaelherndon.com
> > wrote:
>
> > I don't mind working on the tests or working towards getting the tests
> to a
> > state where they compile and pass, but I don't want to duplicate work
> > either.
> >
> > If the the tests are not currently being worked on, then I'll go ahead
> and
> > start working on getting the the Core test library into a state that it
> can
> > be compiled and run tests.
> >

> > On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 9:56 AM, Paul Irwin <pirwin@feature23.com> wrote:
> >
> > > I am not, I hope to jump back in soon, maybe even today.
> > >

> > > On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 9:34 AM, michael herndon <
> > > mherndon@michaelherndon.com

> itamar@code972.com

> > into

> > > itamar@code972.com