From Jude Bowman <jud...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene.net 4?
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2014 22:33:56 GMT
Ok, thanks for the feedback.  I added a Jira task for this work:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENENET-540

I will keep emailing Paul my commit's so that they can be merged into the
branch.  Please let me know if I should change the way I am doing anything
or any other feedback that may be helpful.

Thanks

On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 5:27 PM, Itamar Syn-Hershko <itamar@code972.com>wrote:

> Please try to commit more often...
>
> Thanks for putting an effort on this
>
> --
>
> Itamar Syn-Hershko
> Freelance Developer & Consultant
>

> On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 12:26 AM, Jude Bowman <judebo@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> In order to keep moving along, I decided to halt the work I was doing in
>> Spatial and started adding classes to
>> "\src\contrib\Analyzers\Miscellaneous\" folder to match what is in the
>> "lucene_solr_4_3" Java branch.
>>
>> Here is a commit with a lot of new classes added as well as a few other
>> changes needed to work in Miscellaneous.
>>

>> https://github.com/judebowman/lucene.net/commit/ad93e0ffc37e9338d31335ff7bd1429e1a89b09c
>>
>> Is it preferable to commit more often with fine grain, or is what I did
>> fine where I have a commit with a lot of changes?
>>
>> Thanks
>>

>> On Sat, Feb 22, 2014 at 5:47 PM, Jude Bowman <judebo@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Sure.  I stated by looking at the Java version from the lucene_solr_4_3
>>> branch. located at
>>>
>>> https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/tree/lucene_solr_4_3/lucene/spatial/src/java/org/apache/lucene/spatial
>>>
>>> I basically was attempting to
>>> 1) get rid of all the build errors in the classes that already exist,
>>> 2) remove the classes/files (such as the Spatial\BBox subdirectory) that
>>> do not exist in the 4.3 Java version,
>>> 3) Add the new classes that are in the Java 4.3 version that do not
>>> exist in the .NET version yet.
>>>
>>> I was not aware of spatial4j/spatial4n component of this project.  Is
>>> mirroring the code in the above Java 4.3 branch not the correct thing to be
>>> doing for this Spatial project?
>>>
>>> If I did pick too hard of a task to start with, I do not mind moving to
>>> something a little more simpler.  If you have any recommendations, I would
>>> appreciate it.
>>>
>>> Thanks

We