lucenenet-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Itamar Syn-Hershko (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (LUCENENET-527) Error indexing queue items,read past EOF with UmbracoExamine using Lucene.Net v2.9.4.1
Date Thu, 24 Oct 2013 19:30:03 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENENET-527?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=13804589#comment-13804589
] 

Itamar Syn-Hershko commented on LUCENENET-527:
----------------------------------------------

Lucene.NET 2.9x is no longer being actively supported as we put our efforts into maintaining
v3 and porting v4. Try upgrading to the latest Lucene.NET and see if it solves the issue.

That being said, I would first look at UmbracoExamine as the culprit before submitting an
unproven bug to every open-source project it relies on...

> Error indexing queue items,read past EOF with UmbracoExamine using Lucene.Net v2.9.4.1

> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: LUCENENET-527
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENENET-527
>             Project: Lucene.Net
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: Lucene.Net Core
>    Affects Versions: Lucene.Net 2.9.4
>         Environment: Implemented in Umbraco v6.0.5
>            Reporter: Robert McEvoy
>
> Hello,
> We are have site has a lot of backend user traffic where nodes are being updated by multiple
users - this means the indices are being updated frequently. I'm doing some searching on the
umbraco indicies and some custom indices we setup through the UmbracoExamine configurations.
> Recently we have been experiencing issues where an event from Umbraco that triggers an
index optimization will result in a read past EOF error, the following is an excerpt form
our Umbraco log:
> {code}
> 2013-10-17 14:36:19,597 [5] INFO  umbraco.BusinessLogic.Log - [Thread 85] Redirected
log call (please use Umbraco.Core.Logging.LogHelper instead of umbraco.BusinessLogic.Log)
| Type: Error | User: 0 | NodeId: -1 | Comment: [UmbracoExamine] (InternalIndexer)Error indexing
queue items,read past EOF, IndexSet: InternalIndexSet
> {code}
> What happens after we see this exception is that all of our indices (with the exception
of one - the InternalMemberIndex) will then show old empty segments_* files alongside the
newer ones (for example right now I see segments_2g0 with a size of 726 bytes and segments_2fv
with a file size of 0 bytes). When we remove the 0 bytes segments files,  the EOF errors go
away and the indices will function properly again.
> I found a few other issues that are very similar to ours that seem to point to the culprit
possibly being a process that is keeping the older segments file from being deleted after
it is optimized into the new one.
> I realize this could actually be an UmbracoExamine issue, but I wanted to cover all my
bases as this is occurring in a pretty large production site, and checking the index folders
for the 0 bytes segments files is not a viable solution for us. I will update this issue if
I get a resolution somewhere else.
> Thanks,
> Robert



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.1#6144)

Mime
View raw message