From mherndon michael <mhern...@michaelherndon.com>
Subject PCL: Planning (Portable Class Library)
Date Tue, 24 Sep 2013 20:04:57 GMT
I've started a wiki page for planning purposes:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/LUCENENET/Lucene.Net+PCL

I've created a clean branch called PCL.  However this does not mean the
branch starts from scratch, but rather a clean space in which to reorganize
existing code and break apart the core assembly.

The first goal is create two starting assemblies.  One that is the PCL
version and one that is meant to provide implementation for the full .NET
framework implementation.  Then import all the new and existing interfaces
into the PCL abstractions assembly to ensure the interfaces are indeed
portable.

I'll start working on that sometime towards the end of this week.

Any who wish to help out on this are welcome to, just make sure that you've
already signed a contributor agreement with apache if you wish to
contribute code:

   - http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt
   - <http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.pdf>
   http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.pdf