From Marcos Lima <marcoslima...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Windows RT / WP8 Version
Date Thu, 22 Aug 2013 13:30:20 GMT
If I have understood it right, but are you discussing regarding the
dependency of base classes when interacting with IO specifics from SO?
(file access and stuff like that?)

I've followed this thread and I can, probably telling bullshit, but I have
understood that it seems an Dependency Injection matter (not DI itself, but
the composition/discoverability based on available binaries files).

Something similar to what MEF does would help, then we could build only the
base classes.

I've used MEF for a project that we have used different classes for each SO
(XP and W7 were working differently, but i have forgotten what it was). The
project targeting different SO's has used different binary for its bases
classes (when interacting with files and network).. the "upper classes" are
shared among them.

Tell me, please, if it was helpful or just bullshit, seriously.

Regards,

Marcos Lima
Software Developer/Tech Lead
marcoslimagon@gmail.com