From Zachary Gramana <zgram...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Windows RT / WP8 Version
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2013 17:13:17 GMT
Christopher,

To add to this discussion, I now work at Xamarin and we are not shipping PCL support just
yet. In addition, PCL has 22 different client profile levels. You would have to decide which
profile Lucene.Net would support. My guess is Profile18 would be the best starting point from
a compatibility perspective, but that's limiting consumers to SL4 + .NET 4.0. I agree that
there appeal in a PCL version, but at this point, you're not likely to get the payoff that
you are hoping for.

For a porting to Xamarin.iOS, Xamarin.Android, and Xamarin.Mac, I would recommend other strategies.
For example, our Component system will let you ship a version of your assembly that doesn't
link against monotouch.dll but is otherwise compliant to subset of .NET we provide. This is
sort of an ersatz PCL, if you will. I suspect that this can be done without littering up the
codebase with a lot of pragmas.

Packaging Lucene.net and getting it on our store has been on my todo list for a while, so
if you want some assistance, let me know.

Cheers,
Zack