From Paul Irwin <pir...@feature23.com>
Subject Re: Lucene 4.0
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2013 19:05:32 GMT
This is just an "outsider" suggestion as I haven't contributed anything
yet, although I will definitely help with the 4.x work as I have a vested
interest in seeing that get completed. I think there should be one person
(or perhaps two) guiding what the structure and workflow will look like to
avoid chaos. If the 4.x work is going to be starting from scratch as a
fresh port, that person should set up the project, get everything going in
source control, create the folder structure, maybe stub out some classes,
etc. Then divide and conquer with anyone interested in contributing,
perhaps by namespace.

I like the idea of throwing the java code in there so it's easy to
reference.

Again, I can work on Lucene.Net.Documents, Lucene.Net.Analysis, or
Lucene.Net.Store -- or any others, those are just the ones I'm most
familiar with the inner workings. Tell me what to do and I'll get started
on my fork.

Paul Irwin