From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Long-terms plans for supporting .NET 3.5
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2013 10:24:58 GMT
On 2013-01-24, Itamar Syn-Hershko wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 10:09 AM, Troy Howard <thoward37@gmail.com> wrote:

>> The main thing is ensuring that we consider the ASF git repo for Lucene.Net
>> to be the primary source of truth (once we move over to it)  Any PRs on the
>> Github mirror will need to be merged back into the ASF git repo.

> We don't have to work against github. Actually, perhaps we better work
> against an ASF's git repo and have it auto-mirrored to github. The way git
> works, all you have to do to merge a PR is add the other repo as a remote,
> fetch and merge. Github should detect that as closing the PR - and we can
> probably verify that with them.

Sounds great.

> Either way, I would recommend setting up a hook to email this list with
> notifications about incoming PRs, just so everyone is notified.

+1

> The rest of Stefan's worries are all covered by good guidelines on how to
> work with PRs / github tools - voting etc.

Probably yes.

> So, how do we proceed?

Basically we ask the ASF's INFRA team (via JIRA) to create a writable
git repo for us.  It would probably be best if Prescott as chairman
could drive this.  At one point in time projects moving to git had to
name a team member who'd be willing to help with the migration.

Stefan