From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Long-terms plans for supporting .NET 3.5
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2013 16:01:48 GMT
On 2013-01-16, Itamar Syn-Hershko wrote:

> there's nothing to worry, really. Usually PRs have discussions on
> them, or its really clear what they are for. Worst case, a PR has been
> sent without a description or proper discussion (which we can always
> do on JIRA / mailing list / github), we deny it.

Many thanks to you and Oren for the update.

The problem I see with PRs that haven't been discussed is that some
committer might feel compelled to merge it just because the author has
spent so much time and energy on it.

The "problem" with PRs of people that never come back is the wasted
opportunity, nothing else.  And granted, this also exists in a "attach
patch to bug report" world.

> Also, the discussion is to move to using git, which is much easier to
> collaborate with than with SVN, hands down. You should have exactly  the
> same concerns with SVN, frankly.

Not at all.  "move to git" is a given to me and I don't have any
concerns with that at all.  "use github pull requests rather than
patches" is where I have some reservations.  But none that would make me
block such a decision as long as the primary repo is the ASF one.

Stefan