From Haitham Khedre <haitham.khe...@gmail.com>
Subject Simplifying Lucene using Adapter Pattern , Generics , Reflection and Custom Attributes
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2012 02:54:47 GMT
Today is a special day 12-12-2012 , so I tried really to release something
I really want to do

from long time.

I am introducing a draft Idea of how we can make Lucene.Net more RAD and
also simplifying

how the .Net Developers will interact with Lucene.Net .

The Idea is very simple we need to make the developer code normally in C#
Generics

that mean the developer just need to build a List of his document object
List<Student>

for example , and passing this to Lucene.Net to store it using default
Index and Store configuration

also to search Lucene.Net either send a free string search query , or build
a search object that

really represent your criteria to search your document.

by building an Adapter component that will handle the communication between
Lucene.Net

and C# Objects using very simple calls that will allow the result of the
Idea to come to true

using custom Attributes to allow us to decorate the Document class
properties

to explicit say what type of Index or Store you want this property to be
configured in Lucene.Net

Conclusion :

the Idea behind that class that it is used as an Adapter Pattern to
simplify the communication between Lucene.Net and C# OOP so developers can
send normal object to search and also receive the result in a collection
using Reflection and custom attributes to simplify Lucene and make it more
RAD development
the next step really is to componentize this to make it a visual component
that can communicate with DB providers like SQL server , and generate
classes and search UI by drag drop , like the DataSet component and other
Data Sources components.

http://weblogs.asp.net/haithamkhedre/archive/2012/12/13/simplifying-lucene-using-adapter-pattern-generics-reflection-and-custom-attributes.aspx