From Christopher Currens <currens.ch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SharpZipLib Dependency?
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2012 19:50:20 GMT
We've had the SharpZipLib dependency for a very long time.  It might
be possible that it was included in an earlier nuget package instead
of listed as a dependency.  It's there to support compressed fields in
an index, which have been removed in the 3.0.3 API.  However, to
support backwards compatibility, the package still needs to include
the library in order to read indexes that were made pre-3.x that use
compressed fields.

I'm not 100% sure, but even if you don't use compressed fields, you
might not be able to run without it.  I think there is a specific
support class that checks for its existence.