From Christopher Currens <currens.ch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: github mirror not up to date
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2012 18:49:43 GMT
I don't have any issues with it, but I'm curious about how it works in the
ASF.  I doubt I could see any issues with it, but I don't know how the
infrastructure is setup, I really just want to know if it's as seamless as
working with something like GitHub.  Does the ASF host their own git server
or is it anything weird like the current git mirroring we have?

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 9:53 AM, Prescott Nasser <geobmx540@hotmail.com>wrote:

> Does anyone have any issues with moving to git? Should we discuss it at
> all? or should we just take a vote?
>

> > Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 23:32:56 +0200
> > Subject: Re: github mirror not up to date
> > From: itamar@code972.com
> > To: dev@lucenenet.apache.org
> >
> > If you haven't watched this already, please do:
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XpnKHJAok8
> >
> > I'm not really going to make any arguments. If you ever used git, you'll
> > just give the move your +1 without hesitation. If you haven't used git,
> > please try it for a few days, and you'll never want to go back to SVN
> again
> >
> > Beer on me to anyone who still has arguments in favor of SVN after
> working
> > with git for a month. Hell, make it a week.
> >
> > I rest my case.
> >

> > On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 7:45 PM, Prescott Nasser <geobmx540@hotmail.com
> >wrote:
> >
> > > Make your arguments! lets see how convincing you can be, and how
> playable
> > > the group is ;)

> geobmx540@hotmail.com

> git