From Anthony Penniston <anthony.pennis...@hotmail.com>
Subject .NETCore Win8 Store ("Metro") profile
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2012 02:25:05 GMT
Hi,
How far along is Lucene.Net working with the new .NETCore (aka "Metro")
profile?:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENENET-491

I'm trying to use Lucene.Net in Windows Store app, but recompiling the
project to target .NETCore isn't straightforward:
- System.Collections need to be switched to their
Systems.Collections.Generic counterparts
- System.Threading needs to be switched to use new Task (await/sync)
paradigm
- File I/O needs to be done in memory, or using new Win8 Local/Roaming
storage APIs
- and a few other minor changes (i.e. ICloneable,
Application/SystemException deprecated)

I see the Lucene.Net_4e branch which looks like a start towards some of
these fixes (uses generics), but it has no core functionality yet. When
might we expect a Lucene.Net for .NETCore powering our Win8 apps?

- Anthony