From Itamar Syn-Hershko <ita...@code972.com>
Subject Re: Lucene V4
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2012 22:54:44 GMT
The reason we wanted to port v3.6 was to avoid version gaps which are too
large - mainly for compatibility reasons.

Chris, you should note a lot of the changes between 3.0.3 and 4.0 are also
there when comparing 3.0.3 to 3.6. The new API has been in the works for
quite a while, and has been prepared during the minor 3.x releases.

As for myself, I would pursue porting v4 rather than doing more ports,
unless we can manage porting both v4 and v3.6 without delaying v4 too much.
Can we?