From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Vote] Apache Lucene.Net 3.0.3 (Take 2)
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2012 14:31:42 GMT
[sorry for the almost complete radio silence, I'm really busy]

On 2012-10-01, Prescott Nasser wrote:

> Where should they be placed? In the Incubator that's how we always cut
> a release until it was approved, then files were uploaded to dist. I'm
> happy to get them in the appropriate location.

We should have infrastructure set us up for dist.apache.org, see
<http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#upload-ci>.  You add the RC to
the dev-tree and svn-cp them to release when the vote passes.

BUT

> From: neal.granroth@thermofisher.com

>> These files should not be used as representative of the 3.0.3 RC

>> While I believe you have a good intent; as these files are simply
>> within a personal folder there's no official control, they cannot and
>> should not be trusted for any use.

These files are signed by Prescott's PGP key, so we can trust them to be
created by him.  The only purpose he placed them there is for people to
try them out and vote on them before they get official blessing.

These files become official once the vote has passed.

Cheers

        Stefan