From "Kieran Logan" <kie...@roleconnect.com>
Subject RE: Offer of help vis Lucere project
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2012 12:05:52 GMT
For selfish reasons I'd like to see the Azure Directory being improved,
there has been a few requests on the Q&A
http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsazure/Azure-Library-for-83562538/view/
Discussions#content for the project to be open sourced

-----Original Message-----
From: Nicholas Paldino [.NET/C# MVP] [mailto:casperOne@caspershouse.com]
Sent: 01 October 2012 22:56
To: <dev@lucenenet.apache.org>
Cc: dev@lucenenet.apache.org
Subject: Re: Offer of help vis Lucere project

+1 for an ElasticSearch like service (embed able and REST enabled) would get
my vote.

On Oct 1, 2012, at 5:34 PM, "Prescott Nasser" <geobmx540@hotmail.com> wrote:

> There is already an Azure directory for Lucene.Net
(http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsazure/Azure-Library-for-83562538) It
would be fantastic to get that into contrib, but being by a microsoft guy, I
think they stick to MS-LPL. Maybe we could reach out to them for that?
> The team is large, I think Luke.Net is probably too small for them
> imo, although it would be nice. ElasticSearch or work on sharpen
> porting would get my votes
>> Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2012 22:35:22 +0200
>> Subject: Re: Offer of help vis Lucere project
>> From: itamar@code972.com
>> To: dev@lucenenet.apache.org
>>
>> My thoughts exactly - either a search server on top of Lucene.NET
>> (I'd recommend looking at ElasticSearch as a role-model, not SOLR) ,
>> a Java porting aid (a handy R# plugin would worth tons more in terms
>> of productivity than a tool that just translates code, as a dev
>> should do a pass on the code anyway) , Luke.NET (WPF or Web-ish), or
>> thinking of an idea to a new missing contrib (Azure directory?)
>>
>> On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 10:03 PM, Troy Howard <thoward37@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> All,
>>>
>>> You may recall a project I started called Lucere before getting
>>> directly involved with Lucene.Net. At that time I was planning to
>>> fork Lucene.Net, but since getting involved here that project has
>>> died off. I still get occasional inquiries about the project via
>>> Codeproject, and I generally point them to the Lucene.Net mailing lists.
>>>
>>> I just got an interesting email via that project, with an
>>> significant offer for development help. See below:
>>>

>>> Dear Lucere team,
>>>
>>> I am writing on behalf 12 students of AGH University of Science and
>>> Technology in Cracow, Poland. In starting fall semester we have
>>> project in our objective technologies course. This course is
>>> concentrated mainly on analysis and design of models (UMLs,
>>> objective principles and so on), but also on producing very high
>>> quality of code and using most common approach to development
>>> nowadays (design patterns, ORMs, unit testing, IoC and so on). We
>>> are looking for open source project to contribute. We think that we
>>> could desing and develop one or two specific parts of open project
>>> like this as a part of our university project. Our team is full of
>>> very ambitious and very skilled people. Twelve people should be enough
to build something great. Moreover we have support of our PhDs leading this
course.