From Christopher Currens <currens.ch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Outstanding issues for 3.0.3
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2012 01:02:30 GMT
I can set a different build target, but I can't set the actual framework to
3.5 without doing it for all build configurations.  On top of that, 3.5
needs System.Core to be referenced, which is done automatically in .NET 4
(I'm not sure if MSBuild v4 does it automatically?).  I did kinda get it
working by putting a TargetFrameworkVersion tag of 4.0 in Debug and Release
configurations and 3.5 in Debug 3.5 and Release 3.5 configurations, but
that's a little...well, difficult to maintain by hand since visual studio
doesn't allow you to set different framework versions per configuration,
and visual studio seemed to be having trouble with references, since both
frameworks were being referenced.

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 5:57 PM, Prescott Nasser <geobmx540@hotmail.com>wrote:

> What do you mean doesn't work at the project level? I created a different
> build target NET35 and then we had Debug and Release still, that seemed to
> work for me. But I feel like I'm missing something in your explaination.
> Good work though!
>  > Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 17:51:36 -0700
> > Subject: Re: Outstanding issues for 3.0.3
> > From: currens.chris@gmail.com
> > To: lucene-net-dev@lucene.apache.org
> >
> > I've got it working, compiling and all test passing...The only caveat is
> > that I'm not sure the best way to multi-target.  It doesn't really work
> on
> > a project level, so you'd have to create two separate projects, one for
> > .NET 4 and the other for 3.5.  To aid me, I wrote a small tool that
> creates
> > copies of all of the 4.0 projects and solutions to work against the 3.5
> > framework.  Anyone have experience with multi-targeting like this?
> >

> > Thanks,
> > Christopher
> >
> > On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 11:29 AM, Prescott Nasser <geobmx540@hotmail.com
> >wrote: