From Prescott Nasser <geobmx...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Outstanding issues for 3.0.3
Date Sun, 08 Jul 2012 18:02:26 GMT

Three issues left that I see:

Fixing the build output, I did some work, but I'm good on this, we can move the rest of work
to 3.6
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENENET-456

CLS Compliance https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENENET-446. Are we ok with this as
for now? There are still a good number of issues where, some we can't really fix (sbyte and
volatile are out of scope imo). In a similiar vein, our own code uses some obsolete methods
and we have a lot of variable declared but never used warnings (mentally, I treat most warning
as an error)

GetX/SetX - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENENET-470. I think much of this has
been removed, there are probably some pieces that left (and we have a difference of opinion
in the group as well).

I really think the only outstanding issue is the CLS compliance one, the rest can be moved
to 3.6. With CLS compliance we have to ask if we've done enough for that so far, or if more
is needed. I personally would like to see us make any API changes now, with the 3.0.3 release,
but if we are comfortable with it, lets roll.

What are your thoughts?

~P

> From: thoward37@gmail.com
> Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 10:34:37 -0700
> Subject: Re: Outstanding issues for 3.0.3
> To: lucene-net-dev@lucene.apache.org
>
> Assuming we're talking about the packaging/filesystem structure in the
> releases, the structure is a little of both (ours vs Apache's)...
> Basically, I went through most of the Apache projects to see how they
> packaged releases and developed a structure that was very similar but
> encompassed everything we needed. So, it's informed by the organically
> emergent structures that ASF uses.
>
> -T
>

> On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 7:32 AM, Prescott Nasser <geobmx540@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I have no idea why I thought we were using Nant.
> > I think it's just "our release structure". I figured a little out this weekend,
splitting the XML and .dll files into separate directories. The documentation you have on
the wiki was actually pretty helpful.