From Christopher Currens <currens.ch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Metro port of Lucene.net
Date Wed, 30 May 2012 16:50:30 GMT
This MSDN page has some good information on it:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/br230302(v=vs.110).aspx,
though it's comprehensive, and not concise.  This here:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/br230232(v=vs.110).aspx
is a listing of all the available namespaces and types (many are missing or
added).  I know that if you're using VS11, you can create a Portable Class
Library to target different frameworks (much like the plans
in LUCENENET-167 and LUCENENET-411).  If you selected the .NET for Metro
Style Apps alone, I currently get 637 errors.

Here are the main classes/namespaces missing:

-- System.SerializableAttribute
-- System.NonSerializedAttribute
-- System.ApplicationException
-- System.Collection.ArrayList
-- System.Converter
-- System.Security.Cryptography
-- System.IO.DirectoryInfo
-- System.IO.FileInfo
-- System.IO.FileAccess
-- System.IO.FileStream
-- System.Collections.Hashtable
-- System.IClonable
-- System.STAThreadAttribute
-- System.SystemException
-- System.Threading.ThreadPriority
-- System.Threading.ThreadStart

These are some hefty changes.  The largest change is the loss of the
serializable attribute.  I'm actually not terribly familiar with the PCL,
so I'm not sure if there's a conditional way to include things, or if
preprocessor commands would be necessary.

Thanks,
Christopher