From Prescott Nasser <geobmx...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Plans for Hunspell integration (and: How do I build the trunk?)
Date Tue, 29 May 2012 17:45:30 GMT

> my intentions to move this code into contrib, which brings the first of
> many questions; should it be added to Contrib.Analyzers, or a new project?

Analyzers sounds like the right space for it.

> I'm currently experimenting with the build environment and making sure
> that all tools work properly on my machine. However, I'm greeted with
> several execution errors when executing a "build simple all release";
> tests for SimpleFacetedSearch and SpellChecker calls non-existant
> overload of IndexReader.Open and Memory tests have wrong assembly name
> and output path. The build will proceed if I fix these errors, but some
> tests fail. (one being TestQueryParser.TextWildCard with "Query
> /term~0.7/ yielded /term~0.5/, expecting /term~0.7/"). These tests do
> also fail in Resharpers unittest-runner.

I'll try to take a look at this this week. We've mostly been focusing on the core, and I know
that the contrib packages have started to fall to the wayside. We need to take a good look
at them, make sure they are the right ports, and make the fixes to adjust to our api. If you
do notice problems, I'd encourage you to at the very least throw up a JIRA issue. If it turns
out it's not a problem, we can always close it.
> I've tried "build commit all release" (from the build information wiki
> page[3]) which fails with "NCover v3 does not appear to be installed".
> This is correct; I've been unable to find a free version of a NCover v3.
> Is the commit build target perhaps only meant for build servers?

I think it was Michael who did all the work around the build system, I still build the old
fashioned way... VS2010 - right click, build.

> I've copied lib\StyleCop.4.5 to C:\Program Files
> (x86)\MSBuild\StyleCop\v4.5 to remove the
> stylecop-4.5-could-not-be-found warnings. I expect to get a gazillion
> stylecop-related warnings when building (stylecop has never really liked
> me), but get none at all. Is the code perfect, or are no rules applied?

That's a good question, we discussed style cop at one point, but I don't think we every had
a consensus on that.