From Simon Svensson <si...@devhost.se>
Subject Plans for Hunspell integration (and: How do I build the trunk?)
Date Sun, 27 May 2012 08:26:04 GMT
Hi,

First of things first; thanks for the warm welcome.

As mentioned earlier, I have ported lucene-hunspell[1],  which allows
hunspell dictionaries to be used for stemming, to
Lucene.Net.Analysis.Hunspell[2]. I'm using this with English and Swedish
dictionaries, and I've got indications via commits, mails and questions
that it is also used (or at least tried) with French and Croatian. It is
my intentions to move this code into contrib, which brings the first of
many questions; should it be added to Contrib.Analyzers, or a new project?

I'm currently experimenting with the build environment and making sure
that all tools work properly on my machine. However, I'm greeted with
several execution errors when executing a "build simple all release";
tests for SimpleFacetedSearch and SpellChecker calls non-existant
overload of IndexReader.Open and Memory tests have wrong assembly name
and output path. The build will proceed if I fix these errors, but some
tests fail. (one being TestQueryParser.TextWildCard with "Query
/term~0.7/ yielded /term~0.5/, expecting /term~0.7/"). These tests do
also fail in Resharpers unittest-runner.

I've tried "build commit all release" (from the build information wiki
page[3]) which fails with "NCover v3 does not appear to be installed".
This is correct; I've been unable to find a free version of a NCover v3.
Is the commit build target perhaps only meant for build servers?

I've copied lib\StyleCop.4.5 to C:\Program Files
(x86)\MSBuild\StyleCop\v4.5 to remove the
stylecop-4.5-could-not-be-found warnings. I expect to get a gazillion
stylecop-related warnings when building (stylecop has never really liked
me), but get none at all. Is the code perfect, or are no rules applied?

So, what's the correct way to build the trunk?

// Simon

[1] https://code.google.com/p/lucene-hunspell/
[2] https://github.com/sisve/Lucene.Net.Analysis.Hunspell
[3] https://cwiki.apache.org/LUCENENET/build-system-scripts.html