From Christopher Currens <currens.ch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Spatial contrib bug fixing
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2012 21:00:02 GMT
Yes, the contrib is a MESS.  I've been favoring complete re-implementations
over porting changes, since contrib has been in such a poor, overlooked
state for so long.

I'm not opposed to porting LSP over the Spatial contrib project in Java,
though it will might some porting challenges both now, since Lucene
versions are different, and as Lucene.NET evolves.  It also might not, I'm
not familiar with the LSP code.  Contrib is just that, contributed software
that is not part of the core library, and there will be projects in Java we
can't port over.  In fact, I think there are .NET specific contrib projects
that aren't in java.  Either way, my point is that I'm am happy and willing
to have LSP included if that's going to wind up being better than Spatial.
 I think we can use all the help and contributions we can get in Lucene.NET.

Of course, we'd need to look and see what is possible, with porting over
LSP (not sure if it relies on any version specific features that may not
yet be in 3.0.3).  So, I say let's go for it, and if you need any help/want
to divide work between other committers, we can arrange that, and create
issues for it, that is, if the other committers don't object to this.