From Itamar Syn-Hershko <ita...@code972.com>
Subject Re: Spatial contrib bug fixing
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2012 20:45:25 GMT
Thanks for your reply.

>  Aside from the original port which had many divergences from java, the
> only other issue applied to spatial is LUCENENET-431, which would be easy
> to include.

That is not correct. LUCENENET-431 was committed, but some fixed from Java
Lucene 3.0.3 are in as well. The whole thing is a mess.

The reason for this mess is the amount of bugs in the original Java
implementation of Spatial. This is also why it has been deprecated in 3.6:

I think the best route at this point is to port LSP aka Spatial4j to .NET
and start using it as the Spatial module for Lucene.NET

This is a Java Lucene 4 feature, but the current spatial implementation is
pretty unisable.

I'm going to start looking into this, and would definitely appreciate your
input.

Itamar.