From Christopher Currens <currens.ch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting bug fix from Lucene Java into Lucene.Net
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2012 16:56:49 GMT
That largely depends on how different the 3.4/3.5 java API is from the
current version in our trunk (3.0.3).  From a maintainability standpoint,
it would be easier for us to fix this bug when we've ported Lucene.NET to
the same version that java was at when it was fixed.  It looks like they
added a class and changed another's signature, and then changed all of the
comparator classes to inherit from the new one, instead the old.  I don't
know what that would do to our current version of code, or if that can be
worked in without major changes.

Worst case scenario, we can't get it in until we reach 3.4, but I can
certainly see what we can do get it in earlier.  In the meantime, it seems
that Hoss Man has noted a workaround here
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-3390?focusedCommentId=13088832&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-13088832
that can be used.

Thanks,
Christopher