From Prescott Nasser <geobmx...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: [Lucene.Net] Blog Setup
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2012 19:22:03 GMT

So, from what I'm told by the site-dev guys, the first commit of docs would be a pain in the
ass - becuase there are so many files. But as long as you are rarely updating docs, making
other changes to your site should be quick. That has not been my experience in the past -
but this time if it doesn't work as they say, I've got them on the line to help me figure
out why it's not working that way. I think that we won't be publishing docs that often, so
every blue moon, docs will be a painful process, but otherwise we should be alright. Does
that work?
 > Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 11:18:40 -0800
> From: currens.chris@gmail.com
> To: lucene-net-dev@lucene.apache.org
> Subject: Re: [Lucene.Net] Blog Setup
>
> That's similar to a suggestion Stefan made in another email:
>
> >  The only alternative would be [...] running a
> > dynamic server on a dedicated VM.  The later would
> > be easier to negotiate for a top level project.
>
> Though, his response seems to imply that it would need to stay hosted on
> Apache servers?  I'm really only saying that because it was suggested to
> negotiate it for a top level project, and the use of an outside server
> wasn't actually suggested by him.  If we can host outside of Apache
> servers, that does seems like the most straightforward answer to our
> problem, that would require the least amount of changes to our build
> process (probably).
>
> In regards to readthedocs.org, I think it only supports restructured text?
>  You have to use Sphinx (python) to output your documentation which uses
> restructured text.  I don't know if we can output that from sandcastle.
>  Maybe there would be another way to export the xmldoc to that format, but
> idk, probably not worth the amount of effort it would take to put that in
> our build steps.
>

> Thanks,
> Christopher
>
> On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 10:59 AM, Troy Howard <thoward37@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Why not move docs to http://readthedocs.org/
> >
> > On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 10:45 AM, Christopher Currens
> > <currens.chris@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Erg.  Was it related to the whole documentation thing?  I'm pretty sure
> > > it's "frowned upon" for our documentation to break SVN every time we do a
> > > release, so we should probably figure out a solution for that.  :P
> > >

> > > Thanks,
> > > Christopher

> > going to

> > geobmx540@hotmail.com