From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject [Lucene.Net] Blog Setup
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2012 12:39:11 GMT
Hi all,

If we want a blog for Lucene.Net on blogs.apache.org, the instructions
to request one are at
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INFRA/Resource+request+FAQs>
Mainly we should have a list of ASF ids of the initial set of admins and
authors.

I had a look at how the RSS snippets are added to www.apache.org's index
page and it doesn't look to difficult to adapt.

In
<https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/infrastructure/site/trunk/content/index.html>
there is

{% for e in blog.list %}
<h4><a href="{{ e.url }}">{{ e.title }}</a></h4>
<hr>
{% endfor %}

which iterates over a blogs collection created in path.pm via

[qr!^/index\.html$!, news_page =>
      {
        blog     => ASF::Value::Blogs->new(blog => "foundation", limit=> 3),
      },
    ],

and uses the ASF::Value::Blog package that is part of the CMS.
<https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/websites/cms/build/lib/ASF/Value/Blogs.pm>

So getting content from the blog to the main page is pretty easy.  I
think the main site is re-created every fifteen minutes to ensure things
are fresh, not sure how one would go about this for a page that doesn't
change that often (manually triggering buildbot might be an option).
We'd need to ask this on the site-dev mailing list which is dedicated to
the CMS.

Stefan