From Prescott Nasser <geobmx...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: [Lucene.Net] Coding Standards
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2012 07:23:40 GMT

fyi, I believe you can request a free resharper license for being an active committer to an
open source project (ie Lucene.Net).

---------------------------------------- > Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 23:20:25 -0800 > From:
currens.chris@gmail.com > To: lucene-net-dev@lucene.apache.org > Subject: [Lucene.Net]
Coding Standards > > All, > > I just wanted to confirm everyone's stance on the
coding guidelines > listed in the wiki. > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/LUCENENET/Coding+Guidelines
> > Are these the official guidelines we are using? If they are, has > anyone who
has Resharper already created rules so others don't have > to? I believe that these are
the exact rules used in StyleCop, so > people without Resharper can use those rules to
test the code before > check-in, so we may not need to have a ruleset for those who just
want > to use the stylecop plugin. > > There are things I like and dislike about
the Microsoft Design > Standards, specifically, I prefer private variables to start with
an > underscore for easy identification. Either way, making sure there's a > ruleset
will be helpful for other people when using tools to conform > to the standards. > >