From Christopher Currens <currens.ch...@gmail.com>
Subject [Lucene.Net] Coding Standards
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2012 07:20:25 GMT
All,

I just wanted to confirm everyone's stance on the coding guidelines
listed in the wiki.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/LUCENENET/Coding+Guidelines

Are these the official guidelines we are using?  If they are, has
anyone who has Resharper already created rules so others don't have
to?  I believe that these are the exact rules used in StyleCop, so
people without Resharper can use those rules to test the code before
check-in, so we may not need to have a ruleset for those who just want
to use the stylecop plugin.

There are things I like and dislike about the Microsoft Design
Standards, specifically, I prefer private variables to start with an
underscore for easy identification.  Either way, making sure there's a
ruleset will be helpful for other people when using tools to conform
to the standards.

Thanks,
Christopher