From Alexey Shcherbachev <ale...@renaissance-it.ru>
Subject [Lucene.Net] 2.9.4 release couldn't be compiled for .Net3.5
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2011 12:42:05 GMT
Hi,

First of all thank you for the new release 2.9.4. That makes me really
happy.

However, I noted that current binaries are build for .Net 4.0 framework
only, which is very inconvenient.
The reason is we have a hard requirement to use .Net3.5sp1.
We were going to build it manually as usual, but stumbled upon .Net 4.0
specific code (file CloseableThreadLocal.cs):

> private ThreadLocal<WeakReference> t = new ThreadLocal<WeakReference>();

For now we just replaced CloseableThreadLocal file with a version from
2.9.2, but still.

What is an official strategy of the Lucene.Net team about framework
versions?
Is there a chance that Lucene.Net will be released in future not only for
4.0, but for 3.5 too?

Kind Regards,
Alexey Shcherbachev
Rebel Search team