From Alexey Shcherbachev <ale...@renaissance-it.ru>
Subject [Lucene.Net] Lucene.Net Faceting Library (port of BoboBrowse)
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2011 17:53:50 GMT
Hi,

Some time ago I ported the amazing Bobo Browse library (
http://javasoze.github.com/bobo/ ) from Java to .Net.
We've been using the port since that time, and it works well so far.
Right now it is published here http://bobo.codeplex.com/ (binaries are a
bit outdated, so better check source code directly).
Initially Bobo was licensed under LGPL license, so we had to keep our port
as LGPL too.
But recently they changed the license to Apache 2.0, so our version is
under Apache2.0 license too now.

I think such faceting library could be useful for many Lucene.Net
developers.
Would it make sense to add it to the contrib folder so more people can use
it?

I know the Java version has now the built-in faceting module (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-3079 ) .
But this version could be used with 2.9.2 and probably with 2.9.4 (not
tested yet) right now.

Kind Regards,
Alexey Shcherbachev