From Christopher Currens <currens.ch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Lucene.Net] generics in 2.9.4
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2011 17:46:21 GMT
The patch that Java lucene included for this bug in the 2.9 branch does NOT
include generics in the fix, they are commented out.  I think they only did
that because the version of java that Lucene 2.9 targets doesn't support
generics, or at least doesn't support generics in the way Lucene needed
them to perform (3.x uses generics extensively).

That being said, I personally don't see any reason generics couldn't be
used internally, provided the behavior and API is the same as 2.9 Lucene.