From Michael Herndon <mhern...@wickedsoftware.net>
Subject Re: [Lucene.Net] [VOTE] Apache Lucene.Net-2.9.4-incubating
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2011 20:39:30 GMT
@Troy,

Now I don't feel as bad for my long e-mails. ;)

-build scripts

Except for building on mono or running NCover, the scripts work as
intended. Also end users would need to install the required tools they
intend to run with the build scripts. The scripts can be included, but it
would be wise to include those caveats in a read-me somewhere.

And there are ways to override the build scripts for user/custom build
configurations.  For those interested, post questions on a new thread.

When you run the build scripts they should be including the xml files in
the trunk/bin folder on successful builds. Please do let me know if that
was not the case on your local machine if you used the scripts to build the
binaries.

-.snk
The .snk in the lib folder is the original.  When you create a new csproj,
that is the file you use sign the binary with a strong key. The project
defaults to creating a copy of the .snk file in its own folder.  I can't
remember if there is a way to just link it to only one file or not, but
that was the default behavior.

So to answer your question, if users/developers to create their own contrib
projects or their own ci based upon a stable release tag and plan to use
the same .snk, then it would be wise to include all of lib.  If they are
just building from a stable branch, you can exclude the .snk file as each
project that uses it will have its own copy.

- docs
Generating both chm/html at the moment.  I'll push the html version into
source tonight for the website. and push a zip file with both the chm &
static html site into a jira ticket.  The chm is handy when you're in
facility that is locked down and need to move around good deal of help
files on a thumb drive.

The xml files should be included. The xml files are only generated when you
currently build a binary in Release mode for trunk & 2.9.4g branch. So if
you build the binaries and the xml files are not there, that is the most
likely cause.

Unless someone picks up the task of improving the overall xml doc comments
between versions and generating them, most likely the documents will only
be updated between releases.

- Michael