From Michael Herndon <mhern...@wickedsoftware.net>
Subject Re: [Lucene.Net] 2.9.4
Date Wed, 21 Sep 2011 05:40:04 GMT
I'm with you on checking in the static files into ~/site/doc/version

that would be pretty easy to automate from jenkins & msbuild if we can get
the docs into static html.

 I currently just push all assemblies, help files, xml docs into ~/trunk/bin
on the user's local once the scripts finish building, running tests, and
reports. Nothing gets commited into svn from this at the moment.  The site
is generated, but not pushed anywhere.

I was waiting to see how aspx thing plays out & getting CI up with nuget
before setting up a build release build task that automates everything
including pushing the docs, finalized content, etc.

So my real question is, do we need to store static docs that are generate in
~/trunk/docs/?

If so, could we store those in a single file format and just provide a setup
script that takes care of extracting the latest for the user versus putting
all those files into trunk.

Technically someone could build an post process hook that builds up a static
html index  from xml & bin files, but I'm hoping it does not come to that.

 - Michael