From Christopher Currens <currens.ch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Lucene.Net] style cop, fx cop rules
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2011 17:27:59 GMT
I don't think there's any harm in putting StyleCop in the project at this
stage, but of course, no harm not putting it in either.  It would be handy
for people who already have VS2008/2010, as we could keep Lucene with the
same style format across the project as a whole.

IMO, I think the Naming, Maintainability, and layour rules are the most
important.  I use R#, so many of the default ones there are the ones I'm
partial to.  For example, I like my private fields to start with
underscores. I like my private properties, method names, public fields to be
in pascal case.  I like local variables and method parameters to use camel
case.  I dislike hungarian notation.  I like only one class per file, and
one namespace per file, those being in the maintainability rules.

I would like to hear other people's opinions on this, or maybe one of us
should just make a rule set and have everyone else look over it.

Thanks,
Christopher