From Michael Herndon <mhern...@wickedsoftware.net>
Subject Re: [Lucene.Net] style cop, fx cop rules
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2011 18:05:29 GMT
StyleCop by default adheres strictly to ms coding guidelines and then some.
 http://blogs.msdn.com/b/brada/archive/2005/01/26/361363.aspx (even though a
deal of the internals of the framework breaks these rules).

You can turns rules off but if you want rules that differ from the default
ones, rules would need to be created. Though a few of the rules do
look customizable.   I can install style cop into the project those into the
project and turn off rules, anything further will be left up to
the community. Though I'd suggest turning rules down a notch for the testing
projects.

I can make scripts to run fxcop, but it will be left up to each individual
to install it. FxCop 10.0 only now comes with the win 7.1 sdk for .net 4 and
it does not seem to be redistributable.  And judging by the size of it
now.... Its probably best that isn't put into source anyways.