From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Lucene.Net] Board Report Nudge
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2011 15:20:00 GMT
On 2011-08-10, Michael Herndon wrote:

> Updated: http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/August2011: anyone looking into
> this thread feel free to tweak.

Thanks a lot, looks good to me but I have a few questions to ask - which
may or may not get answered inside the report.

> * Lucene.Net 2.9.4 & 2.9.4g are being worked on and tested

2.9.4g is a variant of 2.9.4 using generics, correct?  I don't think
anybody outside of this list would know.

> * New site design per new Lucene.Net logo.

The logo itself and how it came to be the new logo may be newsworthy.

> Goals for graduation:

> * Have a nearly fully automated process to convert Java Lucene to C#.
> * Release Lucene.Net 3.0.3 (port of Java Lucene 3.0.3)
> * Have a new .NET version of Lucene utilizing .NET constructs and idioms

Why do you feel this needs to happen before you can graduate out of the
Incubator?  I know this are short/mid-term goals for Lucene.NET but
neither of them must happen while you are incubating IMHO.

Stefan