From Robert Stewart <Robert_Stew...@epam.com>
Subject [Lucene.Net] Using multiple indexWriters from same process causing some locking/deadlocks?
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2011 15:33:28 GMT
I am using two IndexWriters from the same process - one writes documents to a master index,
and another one writes the same documents to a smaller "real-time" index.  I experience some
strange locking/deadlocking sometimes, is it possible that I need to use unique instances
of some IndexingChain objects?  I notice that there is static IndexingChain object if none
is specified in IndexWriter constructor.  Is this a problem?  Can you explain what IndexingChain
object is and how it is used?  Or are their other possible static objects that may be shared
between IndexWriter objects in same process that can cause such problems?

Thanks
Bob