From Guilherme Balena Versiani <gu...@take.io>
Subject [Lucene.Net] Lucene Steroids
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2011 00:22:08 GMT
Hi,

I am working on a derived work of Solr for .NET. The purpose is to
obtain a similar solution of Lucene replication available at Solr, but
without the need to port all Solr code.

There is a SnapShooter, SnapPuller and a SnapInstaller. The SnapShooter
does similar work as in Solr script. The SnapPuller uses cwRsync to
replicate the database between machines, but without storing the
snapshot.current.MACHINENAME files on master, as cwRsync does no support
sync with the server. The SnapInstaller tries to substitute the Lucene
database files "in-place" -- the Lucene application should use a
"SteroidsFSDirectory" that creates a special "SteroidsFSIndexInput" that
permits to rename files in use; after that, SnapInstaller sends a
"commit" operation through a Windows named pipe to the application to
reset its current IndexSearcher instance.

This solution has the "suggestive" name of Lucene Steroids, and was
hosted in BitBucket.org. What is the best way to continue to distribute
it? Should I continue to maintain it on BitBucket.org or should I apply
to Lucene.NET project (I don't know how) to include it on Contrib modules?

The current code is available at
http://bitbucket.org/guibv/lucene.steroids. The work is incomplete; the
first stable version should be available on next few days.

Best regards,
Guilherme Balena Versiani.