From Robert Stewart <Robert_Stew...@epam.com>
Subject Re: [Lucene.Net] index version compatibility (1.9 to 2.9.2)?
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2011 17:39:40 GMT
I tried converting index using IndexWriter as follows:

Lucene.Net.Index.IndexWriter writer = new IndexWriter(TestIndexPath+"_2.9", new Lucene.Net.Analysis.KeywordAnalyzer());

writer.SetMaxBufferedDocs(2);
writer.SetMaxMergeDocs(1000000);
writer.SetMergeFactor(2);

writer.AddIndexesNoOptimize(new Lucene.Net.Store.Directory[] { new Lucene.Net.Store.SimpleFSDirectory(new
DirectoryInfo(TestIndexPath)) });

writer.Commit();

That seems to work (I get what looks like a valid index directory at least).

But still when I run some tests using IndexSearcher I get the same problem (I get documents
in Collect() which are larger than IndexReader.MaxDoc()).  Any idea what the problem could
be?

BTW, this is a problem because I lookup some fields (date ranges, etc.) in some custom collectors
which filter out documents, and it assumes I dont get any documents larger than maxDoc.

Thanks,
Bob