From Robert Stewart <Robert_Stew...@epam.com>
Subject [Lucene.Net] index version compatibility (1.9 to 2.9.2)?
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2011 16:05:42 GMT
I have a Lucene index created with Lucene.Net 1.9.  I have a multi-segment index (non-optimized).
  When I run Lucene.Net 2.9.2 on top of that index, I get IndexOutOfRange exceptions in my
collectors.  It is giving me document IDs that are larger than maxDoc.

My index contains 377831 documents, and IndexReader.MaxDoc() is returning 377831, but I get
documents from Collect() with large values (for instance 379018).  Is an index built with
Lucene.Net 1.9 compatible with 2.9.2?  If not, is there some way I can convert it (in production
we have many indexes containing about 200 million docs so I'd rather convert existing indexes
than rebuilt them).

Thanks
Bob