From "Digy" <digyd...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: [Lucene.Net] index version compatibility (1.9 to 2.9.2)?
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2011 16:37:19 GMT
One more point, some write operations using Lucene.Net 2.9.2 (add, delete,
optimize etc.) upgrades automatically your index to 2.9.2.
But if your index is somehow corrupted(eg, due to some bug in 1.9) this may
result in data loss.

DIGY

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Stewart [mailto:Robert_Stewart@epam.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 09, 2011 7:06 PM
To: lucene-net-dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: [Lucene.Net] index version compatibility (1.9 to 2.9.2)?

I have a Lucene index created with Lucene.Net 1.9.  I have a multi-segment
index (non-optimized).   When I run Lucene.Net 2.9.2 on top of that index, I
get IndexOutOfRange exceptions in my collectors.  It is giving me document
IDs that are larger than maxDoc.

My index contains 377831 documents, and IndexReader.MaxDoc() is returning
377831, but I get documents from Collect() with large values (for instance
379018).  Is an index built with Lucene.Net 1.9 compatible with 2.9.2?  If
not, is there some way I can convert it (in production we have many indexes
containing about 200 million docs so I'd rather convert existing indexes
than rebuilt them).

Thanks
Bob=