From "Digy" <digyd...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: [Lucene.Net] index version compatibility (1.9 to 2.9.2)?
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2011 16:20:38 GMT
Lucene.Net 2.9.2 should be able to read the index created with 1.9 without
any problem.
Can you try to search with luke
(http://www.getopt.org/luke/luke-0.9.9/lukeall-0.9.9.jar ) and iterate over
the results?

DIGY

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Stewart [mailto:Robert_Stewart@epam.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 09, 2011 7:06 PM
To: lucene-net-dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: [Lucene.Net] index version compatibility (1.9 to 2.9.2)?

I have a Lucene index created with Lucene.Net 1.9.  I have a multi-segment
index (non-optimized).   When I run Lucene.Net 2.9.2 on top of that index, I
get IndexOutOfRange exceptions in my collectors.  It is giving me document
IDs that are larger than maxDoc.

My index contains 377831 documents, and IndexReader.MaxDoc() is returning
377831, but I get documents from Collect() with large values (for instance
379018).  Is an index built with Lucene.Net 1.9 compatible with 2.9.2?  If
not, is there some way I can convert it (in production we have many indexes
containing about 200 million docs so I'd rather convert existing indexes
than rebuilt them).

Thanks
Bob=