From "Digy" <digyd...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: [Lucene.Net] Is a Lucene.Net Line-by-Line Jave port needed?
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2011 21:34:58 GMT
Hi Scott,
Please avoid crossposting(as I do now). Since when I reply to your eMail, it
goes to one of the lists and thread is splitted into two.
It may be good for announcements but not for discussions.

DIGY

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Lombard [mailto:lombardenator@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2011 9:58 PM
To: lucene-net-dev@lucene.apache.org; lucene-net-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: [Lucene.Net] Is a Lucene.Net Line-by-Line Jave port needed?

After the large community response about moving the code base from .Net 2.0
to Net 4.0 I am trying to figure out what is the need for a line-by-line
port.  Starting with Digy's excellent work on the conversion to generics a
priority of the 2.9.4g release is the 2 packages would not be
interchangeable.  So faster turnaround from a java release won't matter to
non line-by-line users they will have to wait until the updates are made to
the non line-by-line code base.

My question is there really a user base for the line-by-line port?  Anyone
have a comment?

Scott