From Alex Thompson <pierogi...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: [Lucene.Net] Lucene.Net Hackathon (5/13-/516)
Date Mon, 09 May 2011 02:07:38 GMT
On sharpen, I was waiting to hear back on the legal stuff of forking and
fell off the grid for a while. Did we ever figure things out with that?
Alex

-----Original Message-----
From: Prescott Nasser [mailto:geobmx540@hotmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, May 08, 2011 4:12 PM
To: lucene-net-dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: RE: [Lucene.Net] Lucene.Net Hackathon (5/13-/516)

+1 to getting 2.9.4 ready to roll + the changes to the directory
+structure we have going

Two and three on my list are :

-Sharpen stuff - I haven't had time to get it really working (not to mention
I don't know eclipse from a hole in the ground). I haven't heard from Alex
in a while, who I think is the most knowledgeable on the subject.

-.NET syntax.

-----

That said, I think Luke is important. If we left with the idea of you could
run Luke in java just find, we could also just say use lucene/solr and the
api provided, no need for the Lucene.Net project. (I know it's a bit
different). That said, I don't think it's top priority, but it would be nice
to have a .net implimentation.

Sergey was working on a port of this in WPF - can he perhaps provide an
update on what's going on with that? I think it was located at bit bucket at
one point, and then I lost track..