From Prescott Nasser <geobmx...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: [Lucene.Net] Lucene.Net Hackathon (5/13-/516)
Date Thu, 12 May 2011 00:40:03 GMT

Just fyi, we will need to update the website to have documentation if we do this. I figured
we'd use confluence as our weak documentation store for the time being:

http://incubator.apache.org/guides/sites.html

"Using A Wiki To Create Documentation
Podlings may use a wiki to create documentation (including the website) providing that follow
the guidelines. In particular, care must be taken to ensure that access to the wiki used to
create documentation is restricted to only those with filed CLAs. The PPMC MUST review all
changes and ensure that trust is not abused."

Also see: https://cwiki.apache.org/CWIKI/#Index-Butwhatifwewouldlikethecommunityatlargetohelpmaintainthespace%253F

> From: thoward37@gmail.com
> Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 13:38:47 -0700
> To: lucene-net-dev@lucene.apache.org
> Subject: Re: [Lucene.Net] Lucene.Net Hackathon (5/13-/516)
>
> No problem. I set up the permissions such that any user account can
> edit/add pages in the wiki.
>
> This should make things a lot easier on us.
>
> Thanks,
> Troy
>

> On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 12:50 PM, Michael Herndon
> wrote:
> > Troy,
> >
> > Confluence admin is not my forte, but I can look at the privileges tonight
> > and see if we change that.
> >
> > You and Prescott also have admin privileges as of right now. I'm pretty much
> > giving all committers who have forwarded their username those privileges.
> >
> > I've also added a snippet to the page for people to e-mail me in the
> > meantime if they are unable to edit the page to add to the table on the
> > hack-a-thon page. (And there are some who may just not want to join yet
> > another wiki).
> >
> > Do keep an eye out for spam once we elevate privileges.
> >
> > - Michael
> >
> > On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 3:37 PM, Troy Howard wrote:
> >
> >> Thanks Michael!
> >>
> >> One quick question -- the Wiki seems to be really locked down for
> >> public editing. That's kind of strange. Anyone should be able to log
> >> in and whip up a new page or edit an existing one, committer or
> >> otherwise. I didn't have access until just the other day, and Chris
> >> Currens doesn't have access now (I had to add him to the page
> >> manually).
> >>
> >> Can we open up the permissions on our wiki?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Troy

> >> retweet

like

> [...]